What to include in your invitation
To invite the Lieutenant Governor to your event, please send your invitation at least four months in advance.
Your invitation should contain all relevant information, including:
- The title and description of the event
- The organization(s) hosting the event
- The date, time, and location of the event, if these have been determined
- The number of people expected to attend the event
- The proposed role(s) for the Lieutenant Governor (e.g., provide opening remarks, preside over award presentation), including arrival and departure times
- The name, email address, and phone number of a contact person
Please indicate that you have been authorized by your organization to extend the invitation.
The Lieutenant Governor should not be invited to adjudicate competitions or to assist in fundraising activities.
Invitations must contain all relevant information in order to be considered.
How to send your invitation
Email is the preferred mode of communication for receiving and responding to invitations. Please send your invitation to email@example.com.
To facilitate the prompt processing of your invitation, please format the subject line of your email as follows: Invitation from [name of your organization] to [title of your event].
If sending by post, please address your invitation as follows:
Her Honour the Honourable Elizabeth Dowdeswell, OC, OOnt
Lieutenant Governor of Ontario
(Invitation for Her Honour)
Toronto, Ontario M7A 1A1
All invitations are reviewed by the Office of the Lieutenant Governor, and you will be contacted if any further information is needed. Decisions about invitations are made based on the Lieutenant Governor’s availability, ongoing activity program, travel requirements, and other factors.
The Office of the Lieutenant Governor endeavours to acknowledge all invitations in a timely manner. If you have not received an acknowledgement within two weeks of sending your invitation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.